Jason Kinkartz, MD, MSc
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
Specializing in Sports Medicine Surgery
Click the play button to watch video profile
Request an Appointment Online
Dr. Kinkartz is fellowship trained and subspecialty certified in orthopaedic sports medicine. His practice involves operative and non-operative treatment of upper and lower extremity injuries in all age ranges and all activity levels, from the elderly to the professional athlete.
After a thorough evaluation in clinic to determine your problem, a non-operative approach to treatment is typically formulated. If this is unsuccessful, a discussion of surgical treatment options may follow, if appropriate.
Surgery often involves minimally-invasive surgical approaches, such as shoulder or knee arthroscopy, in order to repair or replace ligaments, tendons, cartilage, or other damaged structures. Dr. Kinkartz also performs innovative cartilage repair and restoration procedures, joint replacements, fracture stabilization, and other surgeries.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- Sports Medicine Surgery Fellowship at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Denver, Colorado.
- Former assistant team physician for the Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of Cincinnati, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, in East Lansing, Michigan.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Western Ontario, in London, Ontario.